Adult victims of sexual assault are not required to report the crime to law enforcement in order to be examined by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) or to receive services from RVCC.
- Counseling with licensed therapists who specialize in helping survivors recover from the trauma of sexual assault and other violence,
- Help with filing for Crime Victims Compensation,
- Support and information through the criminal justice process,
- Referral to community resources.
RVCC serves hundreds of crime victims each year in Abilene and the surrounding area, including:
- Assault (includes bullying of and by children)
- Aggravated assault
- Sexual assault, Rape
- Child sexual assault
- Homicide (murder) victims' families and friends
- Adults molested as children