Volunteer Certified Victim Advocate Training
RVCC’s Certified Sexual Assault Training Program (OAG Certificate #15-0602-01-26)
Volunteers accepted into the RVCC Victim Assistance Training complete 40 hours of comprehensive training to become certified victim advocates. Each volunteer advocate commits to three shifts per month. Shifts include the telephone crisis hotline and emergency response teams during evening, weekend and holiday hours. You must be a resident of our region (Abilene and surrounding area in Texas) to qualify for our volunteer program.
To become a Volunteer Certified Victim Advocate for RVCC:
- Submit your Volunteer Application online or download pdf
- You will be contacted for an in-person interview and notified of acceptance.
- If accepted into the advocate training, request your criminal background check
- Complete online training course (see below).
- Attend all advocate training sessions as scheduled below.
There is no charge to RVCC advocates for this training. If you are with another agency or organization and wish to attend our training, please click here to register.
Advocate Training 2016
Our next Certified Victim Advocate training is scheduled for August. The classroom training is a total of 40 hours and all sessions are required to complete the training. All sessions are required to complete the training.
- Tues August 16 (6-9:30pm)
- Thurs August 18 (6-9:30pm)
- Sat August 20 (8:30am -5pm)
- Tues August 23 (6-9:30pm)
- Thurs August 25 (6-9:30pm)
- Sat August 27 (8:30am -5pm)
Complete the online training at Victim Assistance Training Online at anytime to be ready when the classroom trainings are scheduled.
Fill out my online form.