How You Can Help
Volunteer Certified Victim Advocate Training
Next Advocate Training
Next Certified Victim Advocate Training coming soon!
Applications are always welcome.
Keep checking our website for future training dates.
- Complete the online training at Victim Assistance Training Online at anytime to be ready when the classroom trainings are scheduled.
RVCC’s Certified Sexual Assault Training Program (OAG Certificate #15-0602-01-26)
Volunteers accepted into the RVCC Victim Assistance Training complete 40 hours of comprehensive training to become certified victim advocates. Each volunteer advocate commits to three shifts per month. Shifts include the telephone crisis hotline and emergency response teams during evening, weekend and holiday hours. You must be a resident of our region (Abilene and surrounding area in Texas) to qualify for our volunteer program.
To become a Volunteer Certified Victim Advocate for RVCC:
- Submit your Volunteer Application online
- You will be contacted for an in-person interview and notified of acceptance.
- Complete online training course (see below).
- Attend all advocate training sessions as scheduled below.
There is no charge to RVCC advocates for this training. If you are with another agency or organization and wish to attend our training, please click here to register.
Pay for one or more registrants here.
Or mail your check to:
RVCC Advocate Training
PO Box 122
Abilene, TX 79604
- Next Certified Victim Advocate Training coming soon!
→ For more information and resources, visit our Resources page.