Work at RVCC
Full Time, Crisis Counselor/Professional Mental Health Provider
Summary of Job Description:Under the direction of the Executive Director and Clinical Director this position is responsible for providing direct counseling and advocacy services to adult and child victims and survivors of sexual assault and other violence. Desired individual will have strong clinical experience and ethics, an understanding of victim centered, trauma informed treatment modalities and best practices; an outgoing and friendly personality; demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals; strong organizational and time management skills; acute attention to detail and ability to work well with the agency’s clinical team and directors in a crisis setting. This position is based at Regional Victim Crisis Center in Abilene.
Hours: 40 Hrs/Week; Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30; some weekend on call shifts
Compensation: $33K-$40K/annual; salary commensurate with experience and licensure
Existing Benefits: Health insurance provided, retirement plan, Workers’ Compensation, vacation, sick leave, holidays, etc., as outlined in the Personnel Manual. (Existing Benefits are subject to change by the Board of Directors.)
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in counseling or social work from an accredited college or university and professional license in counseling or social work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow. • Strong interpersonal skills; good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide trauma informed mental health services to victims of sexual assault and other violence
• Provide personal advocacy for victims and offer appropriate services/information
• Schedule individual counseling sessions with clients
• File and/or log new and continuing client information
• Work as part of the clinical team in management of best practice care
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed. Perform any other duties related to the position as directed by the Clinical Director
• COI’s/Grant Authorities Standards: All personnel adhere to Center Operating Instructions, all policies, standards and operational procedures as set forth by agency policy and grant officials.
• Other Duties as Assigned: Supports a harmonious work environment with open communication between Clinical Director, Executive Director and co-workers. Utilizes team approach, performs other duties as needed to ensure healthy agency function.
Physical demands and working conditions:
• Physical demands are medium. Some of the work is sedentary. Walking, standing, climbing stairs and operating a vehicle required.
• Occasional lifting and moving of moderately heavy supplies.
• Hours of duty may vary to meet the needs of the organization.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to both Monica Reid, Clinical Director, email@example.com and Janey Wawerna, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org NOTE: PLEASE PUT THE WORDS “Crisis Counselor” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
About the organization:
Regional Victim Crisis Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation serving victims of violent crime, including sexual assault, in Abilene and surrounding region of West Texas since 1977. Services are confidential and free of charge. RVCC receives funding from state and local governments, foundation grants, corporate contributions